Full Stack Drupal Engineer (£30k - £40k pro-rata) - Part-time, 6-month fixed term contract based remotely
Join a small but perfectly formed Drupal first web development agency with a proven track record that is looking to scale.
If you would like to work on projects for clients that make a difference, such as the University of Edinburgh and SouthSouthNorth, then please read on…
We would welcome applications from those who need to work around family commitments and/or live in rural locations.
Fantastic opportunity for a Drupal Engineer to join an exciting development agency and take on a pivotal role in driving the business forward.
Rohallion is a Drupal-powered agency, based in Scotland, that works with NGOs, governments, charities, policymakers and other purpose-driven organisations to disseminate knowledge in an efficient and scalable way. We offer a highly personable and collaborative delivery process for clients that enables them to deliver positive change for a better world.
We’re looking for an engineer who is ambitious, hard-working, dedicated, professional and goes above and beyond in the pursuit of delivering stand-out solutions that help clients achieve their goals. As the successful candidate will be given the freedom to think creatively and be able to communicate your technical approach at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences, including clients. You will be expected to continuously develop your area of expertise and will be supported in this so that you grow alongside the team. You will be working closely with the Directors in all stages of a project from conceptual thinking and generation of ideas to concept development, briefing sessions, contributing to writing technical specifications and estimates, demos, retrospectives, and planning meetings, and everything in between.
You’ll be expected to support and help drive projects forward, predominantly on either backend or frontend development but with the versatility to support the full-stack when needed. You will be delivering work to a high standard and within deadlines – bringing together a passion for ideas, with a relentless eye for detail. If you are naturally proactive and look to take the initiative with clear opinions and execution, then please apply.
In return, we’ll make sure there’s a friendly, helpful, and rewarding environment. We want someone to grow with the business and so career progression is important to us here.
The contract is for an initial 6 months working part-time (17.5 to 25 hours depending on the candidate circumstances) with the vision to make it permanent for the right candidate. The role would be remote working although the possibility of co-working space local to the successful candidate could be considered.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in web development, preferably JS/PHP based.
- 2+ years experience working as a specialist with Drupal 7 and 8/9.
- Accomplished with version control systems (preferably Git) and team workflows.
- Knowledge of development for accessibility and inclusivity
- Comfortable working full stack when needed, particularly MySQL
- Naturally collaborative and thrives in working as part of a team
- Well organised, keen note-taker, able to document code and processes
- Excellent attention to detail and conceptual thinking skills
- Great communication skills and confident in presenting internally to the team, and externally to collaborators and clients
- Fluent written and spoken English
Additional qualifications and skills attributes that would be beneficial but not essential:
- Drupal/Acquia or JS/PHP certification.
- Knowledge of Tailwind CSS framework.
- Broader experience (or the desire) of working with frameworks such as React, Gatsby, or Laravel.
- A Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree, or a relevant apprenticeship qualification.
Our Tech Stack
At Rohallion we are a Drupal first agency, however, we believe in using the right tools for the right job. As such, you may be asked to work with other CMS/tools, such as WordPress, or Jekyll. We also know how important DevOps and business tools are for a productive and happy agency. A new project would typically use a Tech Stack like the below:
- PHP, JS, HTML, CSS (often Tailwind CSS)
- Git, GitLab
£30,000 - 40,000 pro-rata, depending on experience. The role will be part-time with a minimum of 17.5 hours per week and a maximum of 25 hours per week. The contracted number of hours will be discussed with the successful candidate taking into account their circumstances.
A pension, pro-rata holiday entitlement and your birthday off will also be offered.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Drupal Engineer’. In your email please tell us where your favourite place to think is and why.
Unfortunately, we’ll only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.